This weather is BLAH!
4 ingredient homemade face mask to the rescue!
I went to mix up a yogurt face mask to help brighten my skin and maybe help me feel a little better…to my surprise (not really) there wasn’t any yogurt that was flavor free in the refrigerator. I spy some cream cheese that is unopened, although it isn’t organic I decided something is better than nothing! Next time, (and if you decide to give this a try) I will use organic because I’m guessing most of the nutrients in the brand i used are processed out for topical skin benefits.
Cream cheese actually has many benefits to the skin when applied topically.
- Latic acid-dissolve dead skin cells
- Vitamin A-dissolve dead skin cells and an antioxidant
- Zinc- repairs cells and helps skin cells regenerate
- fats- moisturizing
Raw honey is a superhero for the skin!
It must be RAW honey! “Honey” that is everywhere isn’t even honey…make sure it is
- antibacterial- great for acne!
- 7 complex essential vitamin B – healing, repair, help retain moisture, reduce fine lines, help reverse sun damage
- amino acid chains- repair damaged cells and block free radicals
- enzymes- break down dead skin cells.
just a few drops will do!
- antioxidant- blocks free radicals from damaging the skin
- hydrating squalene oil- keeps in moisture while using antioxidants benefiting the skin
- polyphenols – catch and nuetralize free radicals
Lemon essential oil
use pure lemon essential oil!
- Vitamin C- antioxidant, prevent and treat UV damage
- citric acid- naturally lighten skin/photodamage, antioxidant, speed up cell turnover, antiseptic
- lemon oil-promotes cell turnover, balances PH of skin, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, protect melanin cells.
The mask will dry, rinse with warm water. Make sure you remove all, or you might smell like sour milk! Let skin dry or blot dry. Apply a rich moisturizer to seal in the antioxidants. I use EVER hydralift, it is my favorite!
If you are going to apply makeup after, you may want to wash your face with a gental cleaner prior to your moisterizer, or you may feel a slight film left over on the skin.